5 reasons it’s time to upgrade to disaster recovery today
Have a “good” backup solution? Read this to know when to upgrade to disaster recovery
Every day around the world, businesses are facing disasters. Whether inflicted by mankind or Mother Nature, the outcome is the same: business comes to a halt if you’re not prepared. So, how do you know if your backup solution is solid or if it’s time to upgrade to disaster recovery? We’ve made it simple, if you answer “no” to any of the following, it is about that time:
1) Are you confident your data is safe in the cloud? We love cloud backup and hope you do too, but it is just that. . .a backup. Make sure your critical data and operations are stored elsewhere as well.
2) Can you afford downtime in the event of a disaster? Can your business operate without its servers and/or data? If the answer is ‘no’, there is a cost to you being down. Find out what it is here with this downtime calculator.
3) Does your current solution offer business continuity? If you lost data or servers were to go down, how quickly could you recover? Believe it or not, if it is taking you more than six seconds, there is room for improvement.
4) Does your current Backup and Disaster Recovery vendor provide live, US-based, 24/7 support? Disasters know no bounds. If they were polite and provided notice or only occurred outside of business hours, it wouldn’t be a disaster. That said, your business needs around the clock support from capable human beings–every, single, day of the year.
5) Is your current Backup and Disaster Recovery vendor stable and growing? The business of backup and recovery is always evolving, with new technology always raising the bar. Make sure your solution is at the forefront and not holding up the rear otherwise, it’s time to upgrade to disaster recovery.
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, it is time to get a “yes”. Contact us to learn more about an upgrade to disaster recovery. The switch is easier and more cost effective than you may think.