Is Your Company Data Truly Protected with On-Site Storage?
Is Your On-Site Storage Safe?
It is important for a company to have a disaster plan. In today’s online environments, with so much of your business being dependent upon online systems, it is essential that you have a back-up plan and disaster plan.
A disaster plan is a plan which ensures that you can continue with “business as usual” in the event that something happens to your data and your IT systems, and based on the events that have happened over the past few years, it is a great possibility that it will.
Using on-site storage is necessary for achieving the fastest recovery time (RTO) but it puts your data at a greater risk for loss in the event of such a disaster. In that way, it is only half of the complete plan for disaster recovery which should include off-site protection. This will give you a backup plan, in the event of a disaster so that your business continuity can be smooth no matter what happens.
So it is wise to consider off site storage backup systems as well, in addition to a full IT recover plan in the event of a disaster which can threaten your data’s safety.
If you decide to invest in an alternative to on-site storage plans, here are some things you should look for to make sure your data is safe:
- Backup and Recovery Systems- Make sure that the data backup plan you choose has high-quality technicians who can backup and restore your data the way you need them to, in the event of a temporary shutdown.
- Personal Attention- Choose a recovery service which offers personal attention to your situation so that your data is safe under any conditions.
- Business Continuity Solutions- Your disaster plan should be one which will allow you to continue with your business the way you did before the shutdown or issue, and get your data restored in a timely manner.
- Fast Recovery Time- Choose a system which gets you up and running fast so that you can get back to business.
- Easy Backup- Your data backup system should be easy to backup and restore in the event of a disaster.
True business continuity is dependent upon the marriage of a solid on-site and off-site disaster recovery system. You need both in place, to ensure that your business can go on as normal, no matter what unseen problems lurk around the corner.
If you need an IT company that specializes in all of these things, and has a reliable alternative to on site storage, contact us. We can help you with your disaster plan and be there when you need us, no matter what happens.