How to use Datto VPN Clients and connect to Cloud (like a pro)
Did you know you can use Datto VPN clients to connect to the cloud?
Well, you can. This article will teach you how to download and install the provided Datto VPN keys to connect to a Datto Cloud Network. This is what you need to know.
**Currently OpenVPN 2.2.2 is supported, version 2.3 is incompatible. We are working to rectify this. Functionality will not be affected.**
1. For clients that need to connect to a cloud network provided by Datto’s SIRIS or SIRIS Lite models, Datto Tech Support can provide Datto VPN keys to allow clients to connect to the cloud network from machines outside their LAN.
2. Datto will provide a hyperlink to a cloud network that will appear in a similar fashion to this:
3. By selecting this link, you will then be able to download the selected VPN client. It will provide a link to download an executable that will appear as the name of the cloud network and a client# (ie. test-clientXXX)
1. Run the executable on the machine that you’d like to connect to the cloud network with. This will then generate the key that you are looking to connect with.
If OpenVPN is not installed on your machine, the key will then direct you to install the OpenVPN client and will provide a download page.
2. After installation, clicking the key again will prompt you to connect:
Once this connects, you will then see a command prompt box pop up. There will be several connectivity prompts that appear and then you’ll see a constant string of read and writes:
As long as this command prompt is minimized, you will then be able to access resources on the network via the connectivity means that were previously used such as terminal services or RDP.
We hope this was helpful. If you need any more assistance, contact Invenio IT.