7 Impressive Ways Cloud Management Reduces Your Costs
How Can Cloud Management Help Your Business?
Cloud management includes so many options for modern businesses, many business owners do not know how to start. Like any activity taken by a business, gathering information is crucial, but so is action. “Act Now!” is advice given by many inspirational teachers, like the great Napoleon Hill.
Here are 7 ways a simple cloud document, file and team management system, like Office365 can save your organization money.
- Software Updates – Software costs time and money. Each install takes time and each updated license costs money. With a cloud management system, software updates automatically when your computers are connected to the internet. This spreads the capital investment in license fees out month-over-month, streamlining your cashflow, and saves your employee’s labor time.
- File Sharing – Before cloud management’s significant progress over the last 5 years, employees had to spend inordinate amounts of time copying, attaching, and emailing documents back and forth. This created data loss (Which email was the right copy?) and increased labor costs (OK. That file is downloading…. I should go get some coffee.). With instantaneous file sharing, your documents are in one location, up-to-date, and accessible.
- File Back-Up – Any file stored on a good cloud hosting plan is backed up. That is part of the definition of cloud computing. Your company can save money on costly back-up systems by hosting all your pertinent files with a cloud management system, thus backing them up.
- Meetings – One of the differences between cloud storage and cloud management is the ability to conduct meetings via your service. This saves you money on teleconferencing, travel and more, while increasing sales. Your employees can conduct sales meetings in person and online, with materials easily available.
- Security – Internet security is big business. Securing your files through a could service makes sense and saves money. It may be counter-intuitive, but a cloud management service is hosted by software companies who have whole teams and departments dedicated to securing your information. Using cloud management does not increase risk (unless you currently keep all your files in paper form) because any computer accessing the internet is vulnerable to viruses, hacks and other problems. A cloud hosting service gives you management software, back-up and security for one price.
- Email – While everyone has their free personal email account, businesses have a responsibility to manage their work email accounts. In the case of a lawsuit, a business can be compelled to bring forth all the documents pertaining to the lawsuit including emails. A business therefore needs to be able to access employee email accounts. Many software packages include email in their management plans.
- Additional services – Many cloud management providers offer additional services for your company. These include data management, business continuity, strategic consulting and more.
For more information on how your company can use cloud management systems, please contact us.