Your backup and restore plan isn’t as good as you think
Having a backup and restore plan is a given: 3 “must haves” to demand from your technology partner
A backup and restore plan is vital to the long-term health of any business–and, just about any business person knows that as without a company’s data, servers, email, etc., business comes to a screeching halt. So, why are businesses used outdated technology to protect their most valuable possession?
For some, changing a backup and restore plan or technology partner may seem daunting, they may think better technology would mean bigger bills or perhaps they just don’t know how much the world of backup and disaster recovery has changed in the last decade. Learn the 3 “must-haves” for your backup and restore plan that won’t break your back or the bank:
1. Next-Gen Backup. The next-generation of backup is multi-faceted, going beyond traditional backup to ensure full data protection for your business. So, what does that mean?
- Next-Gen Backup is Image-Based so there is zero risk of missing an important “file”, often with entire systems backed up at no additional charge. What’s more, Instant Virtualization is based on VMDK image-based backups for speedy recoveries.
- A Hybrid Cloud is utilized to ensure there are redundant backups in secure locations with Instant Virtualization. The Hybrid Cloud approach is big news for most businesses as 53% still ship tape backups off-site, while 20% don’t back-up data off-site at all!
- Automated proof of backup provides peace of mind that your data is being backed up correctly: seeing is believing with Screenshot Backup Verification technology. Did you know half of businesses only backup their servers weekly? Tsk-tsk.
2. Predictable Cloud Billing. That’s right with a Time-Based Retention model, storage is based on time-frames versus trying to estimate how many gigabytes are needed month over month. It’s much easier to budget for the year when you know exactly what you’re spending. It also saves a lot of aggravation for you and your technology partner.
3. Works as Your Partner When Disaster Strikes. Find a company that does not profit from your disasters. You should not be paying an additional charge of any sort for a recovery—that is why you have the protection in the first place! In the business of disaster recovery, you cannot work with any partner that offers less than US-based, 24/7 support, 365 days a year (yes, holidays too).
If your current back and recovery plan doesn’t meet the above criteria, demand more. There is technology out there for the small and big-business alike. Contact us today if you’d like to learn more about the latest in backup and recovery solutions.